Thank YOU for joining us on our mission SaveTheArts. Where we are creating change in society, One Hat At A Time through our “Every Hat Has A Story” Experience by having people of all ages create and paint their own Walking Billboards Of RadNess.
Public schools across America are cutting off funding for art programs and art is losing its spot in the education curriculum and in some school districts in the country art doesn’t exist at all in the classroom. Imagine being an 5-18 year old growing up with no art/painting, drawing,woodshop or music. Art creates innovators and deep thinkers in our culture taking away “CREATIVITY” is the last thing we should be doing to our kids to our society to our future. The world needs innovation and having hands on art experiences is fundamentally important to learning, growing and learning about oneself. Exercising our own unique creativity is the lightning rod that inspires, engages and educates us all.
“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
Art Involves, Inspires and Stimulates the Education Process.
How Can You Help?
We have two ways that you can help
When you buy a “RadUncle” Hat from our website “WE” together through our “Buy1GiveOne”platform give back our Every Hat Has a Story Interactive Art Experience to our “SaveTheArts” Program where we allocate our Every Hat Has A Story program to RadKids at different Non Profits, Schools and Shelters.
2. Party With A Purpose
We Our Seeking Amazing Companies, Individuals, Conferences, Schools & College Organizations to “HOST” Our Party With A Purpose!
When you HOST a “Party with a PURPOSE”, Every Hat that’s created/purchased at your party “WE” together give back our Every Hat Has a Story Art Experience to a “RADKID” at either a Non Profit, a School, or a Shelter where we have our “SaveTheArts” program established
Hosting a “Party with a PURPOSE” is a great way to enjoy yourself and also collaborate as a team to help “Save The Arts”
If you have an existing relationship with a non-profit, a school or a shelter we would love to bring the Every Hat Has A Story program to you…please email President Rad at Rad@RadUncle.com or call the President Rad, Tony Milano Directly at (310)266-8529 & Thank You for sharing and spreading the RadNess with your friends, family and work colleagues.
Stay Rad My Friends!
Please watch and share the short documentary “The RadUncle Story” which was directed & edited by Zach Griffin
Here are 11 Facts About Arts in Education that you might not have known
1. Students who study art are 4 times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement and 3 times more likely to be awarded for school attendance.
2. Arts and music education programs are mandatory in countries that rank consistently among the highest for math and science test scores, like Japan, Hungary, and the Netherlands.
3. Music programs are constantly in danger of being cut from shrinking school budgets even though they’re proven to improve academics. Show educators how important arts are in your community. Sign up for Music March Out.
4. The No Child Left Behind Act clearly mandates The Arts (music, art, foreign language, etc.) as a core academic subject.
5. One study group showed that 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade students who were taught a foreign language every day in school outperformed the students who were not exposed to a foreign language on their Basic Skills Test.
6. Federal funding for the arts and humanities rolls in around $250 million a year, while the National Science Foundation is funded around the $5 billion mark.
7. Researchers find that sustained learning in music and theater correlates strongly with higher achievement in both math and reading.
8. In a study of a high-poverty schools in Chicago, the schools that were participating in the Chicago Arts Partnerships in Education (CAPE) made huge strides in closing the gap between high- and low-income students’ academic achievement.
9. Multiple studies have concluded that curricular and extracurricular art studies and activities help keep high-risk dropout students stay in school.
10. New brain research shows that not only does music improve skills in math and reading, but it promotes creativity, social development, personality adjustment, and self-worth.
11. Research suggests that studying a second language is essential to the learning process, creative inquiry and critical thinking. Foreign language studies have proven to increase problem-solving skills and overall cognitive development.
FOR FULL ARTICLE & SOURCE ON THE 11 FACTS PLEASE VISIT
www.dosomething.org, https://www.dosomething.org/facts/11-facts-about-arts-education. Thank You DoSomething.org for helping create change!